Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Life Is A Song

Walking out of my world which was turning dangerously bland,
I chanced upon a desert in a faraway land,
Where the velvet sand was kissed by the sun's amber rays so bright,
And for miles around, there was not a soul in sight.





Then, in a pleasant paradox to the arid heat,
Lay a large oasis at some hundred feet,
I strode a little closer, and couldn’t believe my eyes,
Sprawled across was a green paradise.






Surrounding a gentle brook that made music so fine,
Stood scores of trees, of fir and pine,
Around which little elves and fairies trotted along,
Humming “My smile is my sunshine, my life is a song”.


I went to them and asked if they were aware,
Of the loveliest place on earth that ever was there,
They motioned towards the mountain at the aft of the stream,
Said, the view from there was a surreal dream.







I scaled up to the peak where the earth met the sky,
Ecstatic, I prayed for wings so I could fly,
Sheets of white were spread all over,
And I wished to freeze, right there, forever!

A resounding thwack shook me up from my daze,
I turned to see the boss offer a petulant gaze,
He said, "Of daisies and damsels you dream all day,
But if you don't spruce up now, you'll jolly well have to pay!"

Ah, so for the money and the status, I'll reconcile,
I'll clear up my work that's gathered in a pile,
Won't fuss today that my life is a whole lot of crap,
For I saw the beauty of the world in a short little nap.



















7 comments:

Jiten said...

Hi Nishant,
It's too good. Specially I like titles every time. Titles given by you forces me everyti to read each n every lines. 'Sorbet On Ice' and now 'My Life Is A Song'. Keep it up buddy.
--Jiten

Unknown said...

Hey Nishant..neat posts...I too read this while on a con call ;) and was transported to a land far way which beckons so temptingly..and I too can get back to work now with a smile on my face..

Sarika

Tindia said...

Nishu Bhaiya,I'm extremely impressed!I can't wait to read your book. Btw, what is the name of it?

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ZmuthJazz said...

great imagination..and i luvit more coz..once i had written..on similar lines...about a long dream...a very light hearted song...and i find that..you too..indulge in such reveries..good good..lovely read..

ninad said...

when my fingers are propelling me to pen down those musical words for the work..i will end it with writing..awsome..!!..
cheers

Rachit Rajeev Khator said...

Seamingly perfect .. your song has a life too..!