Saturday, June 28, 2014

Roamer

I somehow mustered the courage to wake up early this morning and go for my run. During the run I deliberated a little over the decision, but before I could come to a conclusion I had completed the run anyway. This was followed by a glass of protein shake that tasted awful as I had expected - because it was made in lukewarm water thanks to what Domino's had done to my throat yesterday. I have my suspicions regarding the wonders this product is supposed to work. I try feeling my abs every time I drink it, but my finger still simply sinks into my skin.
I then set a new record of sorts by packing my bags in six minutes before heading out to meet a friend at the only cafe I used to frequent in Mysore. One final Americano from the friendly staff and some nice things spoken about my book, and I had almost forgotten about my sore throat. But only until I made that infamous journey from Mysore to wherever-you-go-because-it-will-take-forever anyway. For a change, the drive was scenic, not riddled with traffic jams, and there was good music. I wanted to sing. But today I cannot so much as caw. By the time the raindrops had started making fine music on the windshield, I was only praying for this journey to end.
In three hours, I will be back in Pune, a city I have always loved. If I hold up a little better tomorrow, I will try and be excited about it.

No comments: